Tatler Asia, the region’s leading luxury media company, is seeking an experienced and proactive Event Marketing Manager to be based in Hong Kong. This position will help to develop event marketing campaigns for Hong Kong based events with a strategic focus on delegate acquisition, audience growth, community engagement and brand building.
Reporting to the Regional Marketing Director and working closely with our Deputy Managing Director, you will be responsible for developing and executing innovative event marketing strategies to promote our brand and engage our target audience. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to plan, organise, and manage a wide range of events, including corporate events, galas, conferences and experiential activations.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in event management, digital marketing, and brand promotion, with a creative mindset and a passion for delivering exceptional experiences. The position will assist in all aspects of the marketing department’s event marketing operations, with a focus on digital marketing campaign management for multimedia products, events, awards and experiences.
It is essential that the candidate has strong event marketing experience with a focus on B2C paid ticketed events. The ideal candidate will have experience managing digital ad boosting campaigns, ideally in the luxury sector, with a focus on acquiring and converting delegates for paid events.
In addition to managing event marketing communications, this role will help to enable and facilitate community building through best-practice first-party data management and customer relationship management. This role sits in the marketing department and may require the candidate to assist with brand marketing campaigns outside of events.
To succeed, you’ll need a positive, can-do attitude, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work proactively and independently across borders to achieve business and marketing objectives.
- Manage the planning, implementation and delivery of event marketing campaigns across all platforms within Tatler’s portfolio
- Ensure the delivery of timely event marketing campaigns targeting high net worth individuals and affluent consumers
- Conceptualise, coordinate and execute integrated event marketing campaigns with a focus on digital and data led activities across email, social media, content marketing, display, PPC and strategic partnerships
- Oversee the event registration process, pre and post delegate communications and collaborate effectively and efficiently with the events department
- Collaborate with the product and design departments to creatively develop the marketing materials and copywriting to reach each event marketing campaign’s objective (collateral includes webpages, web banners, print ads, social media posts and digital ads)
- Write informative and engaging copy that inspires action
- Build and send targeted eDM campaigns
- Develop marketing materials and event collateral in line with the marketing and communications strategy, ensuring brand guidelines are correctly applied across all brand touchpoints
- Track, analyse and report on event marketing campaigns, making improvements and recommendations for each event
- Develop and build post event reports to help secure repeat sponsorship for recurring events
- Identify and onboard strategic event partnerships to increase brand awareness targeting HNWIs and affluent consumers
- Build relationships with key stakeholders in Hong Kong and beyond, including events, commercial and editorial teams.
- Be open to supporting and coaching the wider marketing team through adhoc marketing tasks, community building and engagement, circulation marketing, content marketing, social media amplification and new product launches
- Develop and manage event marketing budget
- Oversee regional amplification initiatives and flagship marketing campaigns
- Research, create and develop presentation materials for corporate presentations
- Review marketing campaign performance and provide recommendations to maximise return on marketing investment
- Strategically develop Tatler’s marketing activities through the use of analytics, data development and technology
- Assist with the B2B marketing communications strategy
- Over 5 years’ marketing experience, preferably in media, events and the luxury industry
- Must have a minimum of 3 years relevant event marketing experience
- Further education and/or a degree in marketing will be advantageous
- Candidates with digital marketing knowledge and experience using Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Google Ads and Instagram Ads will be considered favourably
- Experience in executing and tracking digital marketing campaigns that involve live/virtual events, website, content and social media marketing within the APAC environment
- English language copywriting abilities
- Ability to prioritise multiple projects on tight timelines
- A track record of using data to drive actionable insights
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Knowledge of email delivery systems and email marketing (Pardot)
- CRM systems (Salesforce) and best practice data management and acquisition will be an advantage
- Experience in data list research, data acquisition and audience segmentation
- Research skills and the ability to synthesise data and prepare easy to read presentations
- Experience using Google Analytics, or any other analytics platform will be an advantage
- An eye for design and consistency
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills with an independent and proactive work attitude; attention to detail is essential
- Resilience, drive and determination to resolve road-blocks rather than just point them out
- Uncompromising attitude to pursuing excellence and accuracy in everything you do
- Show a willingness to try new things and devise new ways of working
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key colleagues and internal stakeholders
- Highly organised and punctual
- The ability to communicate marketing tactics and strategies clearly to non-marketers
- Degree holder in marketing or related disciplines
Candidates who are more experienced will be considered for Senior Event Marketing Manager.
Location: Wong Chuk Hang, Hong Kong
Interested parties please click apply and attach your full resume with your salary expectation, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tatler Asia, the leading luxury media company in Asia, celebrates its 45th anniversary this year. Its mission is to build, inspire and empower Asia’s most influential communities through the power of unparalleled storytelling, iconic brands and innovative technologies. Tatler is present in seven markets across Asia and is owned by Lamunière family.
For more information, visit https://tatlerasia.com/
Applicants who are not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.