The Art Director for Photography reports to the Creative Director. This role has two main categories, Creative and Production Management. Below are the key responsibilities for both:
- Maintain and advance the Tatler visual brand through photography, video & art and continually exploring new ways to enhance Tatler’s work in photography.
- Produce original photography and video for the magazine and commercial projects with appropriate vendors and freelancers, for both local and regional stories.
- Research and source stock photography and use out of the box thinking to source the best images from Getty, AFP, and other photo libraries, negotiate usage, rates and rights, including local and regional stories.
- Work closely with all hired teams to closely communicate the brief and ensure the projects are executed to the highest quality, both in Hong Kong and, as needed, throughout the regions.
- Work with Tatler regional teams to ensure the brand’s visual standards are met.
- Approve photographers, art direction briefs, and key edits for regional cover and fashion shoots.
- Ensure all published images meet Tatler’s visual standards.
- Manage a team of two employees, currently one in house photographer and one assistant photo editor.
- Supervise the team’s day-to-day operations, providing direction, guidance, and structure by conducting photo meetings and employee reviews.
- Oversee the photography budget, working with the Creative Director and editors to anticipate project needs and budget appropriately.
- Oversee contracts, accounts and departmental procedures.
- Create a streamlined workflow system for contract and invoice management.
- Ensure team members are delivering projects within budget and deadline and to Tatler’s standards.
- Source new talent, meeting with photographers, videographers, agencies and growing the network of contributors both in Hong Kong and, as needed, throughout the regions.
- Hire third party vendors including photographers, videographers, hair and makeup artists and stylists, both in Hong Kong and, as needed, throughout the regions.
- Manage the photo organisation and metadata of the company’s Digital Asset Management (DAM) system
Location: Wong Chuk Hang, Hong Kong
Interested parties please send full resume with expected salary to the HR Department via email, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants who are not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.